Friday, August 01, 2014

Photo & Eternal Rest

I recently realised that I have not explained the picture I have for a 'DP'. I must give credit to YouTuber epicLLOYD. It is a still from his music video "Pawn" and as far as I can deduce, the woman is his lovely wife, Josie. Mrs Ahlquist has a blog also, which is a combination of personal stories and posts in relation to her dissertation.
I used it purely because I enjoyed the video and I love the costume she wears. The whole screenshot is something I felt drawn towards and I ended up using it for my Gmail photo.

Also, for those who read the homepage in conjunction with updates on other pages, here is a small note about my new creative piece, "Eternal Rest". Whether or not it is noticed that it has a 'morbid' air about it, I wish to say that I am not being depressive, but reflective on funeral conventions. Most particular is how we talk to those who have passed as though they can hear us. My thoughts on that I will not share right now, but I hope it evokes some thought and that others can relate in some way. This one, I think, can draw on each person's individual experiences in such a situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment